- Set aside a regular time for students to read and quiz each day. Things to consider: length of time, availability of books, available technology, instructional needs, etc. (Renaissance Place recommends 35 minutes of daily reading practice time.)
- Guide students to books that are at the appropriate level, i.e., in their ZPD (Zone of Proximal Development). Encourage them to alternate between fiction and non-fiction.
- Make sure students know their ZPD range. For younger students, make sure know they know what AR color they should pick.
- Use your library time to find Accelerated Reader books. Label your classroom library and organize your books so that students can easily find their next AR book.
- Be sure that each student has an Accelerated Reader book at all times. If possible, have them bring the books home.
- Inform parents of their child's reading range and show them how and where to find appropriate books. AR Bookfinder is Renaissance Learning's recommended resource.
- Important AR Practices
- Power Lessons
- Scheduling Reading Time
- Labeling Books Using Renaissance Place
- AR Bookmark (Vena Tiger by Dan Gonzales)
- Scholastic Common Core Book List
- Text Exemplars from Common Core Appendix B
- CCSS Reading Recommendations from CCSS Toolbox
- Book Tub Labels (Google Search)
- AR Logs(from Renaissance Place)
- Parent Guide to Bookfinder
- AR Levels Poster (PENDING)