- During your Accelerated Reader (AR) Time and/or your library time, check on individual students to discuss their book selections, quizzes, and reading progress. This procedure is called "Status of the Class." Use the Status of the Class Record Sheet.
- Use your Record Book for Reading Practice Quizzes to help you monitor students' progress. This is especially useful for figuring out who hasn't quizzed for a long time, and for checking what kinds of text a student is reading.
- Help students keep track of their status by using a "Finding-Reading-Ready" wheel, magnets, etc.
- Teach students how to monitor their progress and goals on their student sites.
Text Complexity Bands are from CCSS ELA Appendix A.
- What the Record Books and Goals Page Looks Like
- Record Book Sample
- Student Quiz Records Sample
- TOPS Report Sample
- Diagnostic Report Sample
- Diagnosis and Intervention Strategies
- Status of the Class
- Status of the Class Record Sheet
- Finding Reading Ready Wheel
- Finding Reading Ready Magnet Labels
- Accelerated Reader Quiz Instructions