SET (Phase 2):
- Set your routine once students know how to find a book, log on, and quiz.
- Decide on a regular time for AR. (Mine is first thing in the morning.) Set a regular time/day for quizzing too.
- Show them how to use the Finding/Reading/Ready Wheel or Magnets.
- Show them how to log their books using the AR Reading Log.
- Check Record Book regularly, and remind students to finish books/quiz/find books. Go to Accelerated Reader>Record Books and Goals>Reading Practice Quizzes.
- Inform parents about Accelerated Reader by printing out Parent Letters. Go to Renaissance Home Connect>Reports>Informational Letter (English/Spanish).
- Encourage parents to get real-time quiz results via email. This way you don't have to print out TOPS reports. You can also send home the Parent Guide to AR Bookfinder so that they can find books at home or at their local library.